Our Experienced Surgical Team
Our team consists of dedicated individuals who are kind, friendly, and caring. Our staff includes experienced and energetic people whose goal is to communicate well with our patients and provide the best care possible.
Years of Experience and Dedication to Patients
Samuel L. Bobek, DMD, MD, FACS
- Dr. Bobek is an expert in orthognathic surgical procedures
- Unusual background in complex surgical care including more than 1000 orthognathic surgical patients of all genders, races, and ages
- Innovator in utilizing technology to customize the surgical plan to each patients needs
- Focuses on custom TMJ replacement, upper airway expansion, complex maxillofacial reconstruction and patient specific surgical planning
- Grew up on the Oregon Coast. Dental and Medical school at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU.) Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residency at OHSU. Fellowship in orthognathics and TMJ surgery at the Carolinas Center for Oral and Facial Surgery
- Following fellowship, worked in a multispecialty private/academic practice in Portland Oregon. In 2014, moved to Seattle and started Swedish Maxillofacial Surgery within Swedish Medical Group. He spun off that practice to form Seattle Jaw Surgery
- When away from work, he enjoys chasing his wife and spending time with his four children
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American College of Surgeons
MATT RYSKALCZYK, DMD, MD
Dr. Ryskalczyk trained at Oregon Health and Science University in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, where his training consisted of trauma, cancer surgery and reconstruction, as well as office based oral surgery. Subsequently, he trained with Alf Nastri in Melbourne, Australia, at the busiest jaw corrective surgery practice in the Asia Pacific region. His fellowship in Australia focused on maxillofacial trauma and corrective jaw surgery, also known as orthognathic surgery. Special interests include maxillofacial trauma, corrective jaw surgery, dental implants, bone grafting, and the management of maxillofacial tumors.
Dr. Ryskalczyk maintains admitting and operating privileges at Swedish, and is an affiliate faculty member in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Washington School of Dentistry.
Dr. Ryskalczyk earned his DMD degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, and his MD degree from Oregon Health and Science University. While at the University of Pennsylvania, he earned a Masters in Bioethics in addition to his DMD degree. He also holds a BSc in Biochemistry from Seattle University. He is licensed to practice medicine and dentistry in Washington state. He grew up in Edmonds, Washington, and lives in Seattle.
- University – Seattle University, BSc Biochemistry, 2009
- Dental School – University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, 2013
- Medical School – Oregon Health and Science University, 2016
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency – Oregon Health and Science University, 2019
- Orthognathic and Trauma Surgery Fellowship – The Royal Melbourne Hospital under Head of Unit A/Prof Alf Nastri, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia,2020
ANDREA BURGESS, PA-C
Andrea is our Physician Assistant at Seattle Jaw Surgery. She sees patients in clinic, assists in surgery and helps to manage patient care at the hospital. She has been working with Dr. Bobek in Maxillofacial surgery for the past few years. Prior to working with Dr. Bobek, she practiced in Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery in Minnesota.
She enjoys building relationships with patients and being with them through the entire journey, from initial consults and throughout recovery after surgery. When not at work she enjoys baking cookies, biking around Seattle, watching the Packers and spending time with her husband exploring the Pacific Northwest.
She is a member of the American Association of Physician Assistants and the American Association of Surgical Physician Assistants.