Our Experienced Surgical Team
Our team consists of dedicated individuals who are kind, friendly, and caring. Our staff includes experienced and energetic people whose goal is to communicate well with our patients and provide the best care possible.
Years of Experience and Dedication to Patients
Samuel L. Bobek DMD, MD, FACS
- Dr. Bobek is an expert in orthognathic surgical procedures
- Unusual background in complex surgical care including more than 1000 orthognathic surgical patients of all genders, races, and ages
- Innovator in utilizing technology to customize the surgical plan to each patients needs
- Focuses on custom TMJ replacement, upper airway expansion, complex maxillofacial reconstruction and patient specific surgical planning
- Grew up on the Oregon Coast. Dental and Medical school at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU.) Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residency at OHSU. Fellowship in orthognathics and TMJ surgery at the Carolinas Center for Oral and Facial Surgery
- Following fellowship, worked in a multispecialty private/academic practice in Portland Oregon. In 2014, moved to Seattle and started Swedish Maxillofacial Surgery within Swedish Medical Group. He spun off that practice to form Seattle Jaw Surgery
- When away from work, he enjoys chasing his wife and spending time with his four children
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American College of Surgeons
Matthew Streelman DDS, MD
Seattle Jaw Surgery is happy to welcome Dr. Streelman to our team!
Dr. Streelman grew up in Michigan. His interest in the dental profession developed early as he observed his grandfather in the practice of general dentistry. His formal pursuit of dentistry began with his undergraduate education and he completed a B.S. in Biology at Andrews University in Berrien Springs, Michigan. He then applied to the Loma Linda University School of Dentistry where he would attend dental school and graduate as a Doctor of Dental Surgery. During his time in dental school, Dr. Streelman developed a further interest in medicine. He decided to study for and apply to medical school at Loma Linda University School of Medicine where he would graduate as a Medical Doctor. It was an interest in dentistry, medicine and surgery that led Dr. Streelman to the profession of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He completed a one-year internship in General Surgery followed by an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residency at Loma Linda University Medical Center. Dr. Streelman is a board eligible Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon and is excited to provide care at Seattle Jaw Surgery. Some services offered include, office-based sedation, removal of wisdom teeth and other dental extractions, treatment of pathology, dental implants, and bone grafting. He also has an interest in and provides corrective jaw surgery and management of facial trauma.
Outside of the office Dr. Streelman loves spending time with his wife and three girls. He enjoys exploring the outdoor activities that the PNW has to offer including fishing, water sports, cycling, hiking, and snowboarding.
ANDREA BURGESS, PA-C
Andrea is our Physician Assistant at Seattle Jaw Surgery. She sees patients in clinic, assists in surgery and helps to manage patient care at the hospital. She has been working with Dr. Bobek in Maxillofacial surgery for the past few years. Prior to working with Dr. Bobek, she practiced in Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery in Minnesota.
She enjoys building relationships with patients and being with them through the entire journey, from initial consults and throughout recovery after surgery. When not at work she enjoys baking cookies, biking around Seattle, watching the Packers and spending time with her husband exploring the Pacific Northwest.
She is a member of the American Association of Physician Assistants and the American Association of Surgical Physician Assistants.