Our Experienced Surgical Team
Our team consists of dedicated individuals who are kind, friendly, and caring. Our staff includes experienced and energetic people whose goal is to communicate well with our patients and provide the best care possible.
Years of Experience and Dedication to Patients
Samuel L. Bobek, DMD, MD, FACS
- Dr. Bobek is an expert in orthognathic surgical procedures
- Unusual background in complex surgical care including more than 1000 orthognathic surgical patients of all genders, races, and ages
- Innovator in utilizing technology to customize the surgical plan to each patients needs
- Focuses on custom TMJ replacement, upper airway expansion, complex maxillofacial reconstruction and patient specific surgical planning
- Grew up on the Oregon Coast. Dental and Medical school at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU.) Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residency at OHSU. Fellowship in orthognathics and TMJ surgery at the Carolinas Center for Oral and Facial Surgery
- Following fellowship, worked in a multispecialty private/academic practice in Portland Oregon. In 2014, moved to Seattle and started Swedish Maxillofacial Surgery within Swedish Medical Group. He spun off that practice to form Seattle Jaw Surgery
- When away from work, he enjoys chasing his wife and spending time with his four children
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American College of Surgeons
ANDREA BURGESS, PA-C
Andrea is our Physician Assistant at Seattle Jaw Surgery. She sees patients in clinic, assists in surgery and helps to manage patient care at the hospital. She has been working with Dr. Bobek in Maxillofacial surgery for the past few years. Prior to working with Dr. Bobek, she practiced in Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery in Minnesota.
She enjoys building relationships with patients and being with them through the entire journey, from initial consults and throughout recovery after surgery. When not at work she enjoys baking cookies, biking around Seattle, watching the Packers and spending time with her husband exploring the Pacific Northwest.
She is a member of the American Association of Physician Assistants and the American Association of Surgical Physician Assistants.